A high-performing doctor/practice can be distinguished online by proactively asking his/her patients for feedback. If you have a great patient safety record, positive clinical outcomes, and great “customer service”, your online reputation should mirror your actual reputation.
Leverage the Internet by considering the following:
- Gathering reviews in your office, Point-of-Service, is dramatically more effective than relying on email to patients with links to review sites. Once a happy patient has left your office, out of sight is out of mind.
- Uploading reviews to 10 major medical rating sites targeting 30+ reviews per site is ideal. This appears to be the threshold for patient action.
- Monitor what’s being said about you on the Internet to mitigate risk and de-escalate problems.
- Make sure the review sites are relevant so Google can find them – and you!
- Learn from the data you collect from your patients and resolve any underlying issues ASAP.
- Google yourself frequently! Nothing like a self-exam to make certain you know what patients see. Type in “Dr. First Last Reviews” How does it look??
Want to learn more? Visit the eMerit booth, #335, at The Aesthetic Meeting April 26-28 being held at Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.